Sunday, August 2, 2009

Any hairdressers on here need some info ?

Hi, Ive always coloured and highlighed my hair so many times over the years and now its all one colour brown. The thing is Ive read so many times that the colour can be stripped back to a more natural shade and then can be dyed. Im currently wanting to go back to my blonde highlights as I have very pale skin and being brown I look washed out. But it just wont take to bleach because of all the other colours Ive dyed it with, and even the hairdressers wont touch it, but none of the hairdressers have mentioned stripping out the colour and then starting from scratch. Does this have something to do with me bleaching and lightening it over the years and the colour not having anything to be stripped out to. As im a little confused as I have seen on the tv it being done loads of times. I can understand it can take a few goes at getting the colour back but if Im willing to pay how come they wont even suggest it.





Any infomation you can give me would be great.
Any hairdressers on here need some info ?
I bet your hair appears damaged from the color and they are afraid to chemically treat it any further until it grows out. I have seen this many times. No one wants to burn a customers hair and be held responsible.
Any hairdressers on here need some info ?
i'm a hairstylist.i read your problem,your hair is really dry.need treatment..if you still want do highlight and colour,the result will not maximum.for hair condition,your dry will be more damage..for the colour result,not maximum,will not shiny.so,i think you just pending your willing first which is colour your hair,do some treatment first.after healtier,you can do colour.
Reply:If your hair wont take the bleach.. it wont take being stripped. Bleach is the strongest procedure for stripping artificial color. You need to have some Deep conditioning treatments done to your hair to restore health and wait a bit for it to grow out. I wouldnt touch it. I'd just try to wait out until enough has grown out that you can cut all the colored length off. Sound like a bit of a wait, but it'll be worth it.


As for being willing to pay and stylist not suggesting the procedure... It's all about reputation and work. Just because you may have the money, wont make the job look better. Any good stylist knows when to say no. You have to remember, its not just your hair, if we do it, it's our "work" and it has our "name" on it. I'd rather help a client do what's best for thier hair, even if it means losing out on $$.


No comments:

Post a Comment